Information for Student Athletes
Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act Webinar
The Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act Webinar on May 9, 2014, has been updated as a narrated PowerPoint (PPT) module to include the availability of the Student-Athlete Cardiac Assessment professional development module and clarification regarding the health care provider certificate of completion. In all other regards, the content provided in the PPT is identical to the original Webinar. The PPT is presented for the purpose of assisting schools to implement the complex requirements authorized by the Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act. It includes a comprehensive explanation of the materials and forms developed pursuant to the law. NOTE: In order to access the PPT module, you must view the PPT in Slide Show mode.
- Scholastic Student-Athlete Safety Act FAQ
- April 21, 2015 Broadcast Memorandum (includes revised April 29, 2014 memo and revised March 10, 2015 memo)
The following documents are to be distributed annually to every student-athlete and cheerleader in any grade level, prior to participation in an athletic activity, in each school district and nonpublic school that participates in an interscholastic sports, intramural sports, or cheerleading program.
- Annual Athletic Pre-Participation Physical Examination Form (English | En Español)
- Health History Update Questionnaire (English | En Español)
- Sudden Cardiac Death in Young Athletes Brochure (English | En Español)
- Sudden Cardiac Death Pamphlet Sign-Off Sheet
- Parent/Guardian Sign-Off Form (N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41d) (English | En Español)
- Opioid Use and Misuse Educational Fact Sheet and Parent/Guardian Sign-Off Form (English | En Español)
- Concussion Fact Sheet and Acknowledgement Form (Aug. 2023)
- Sports-Related Eye Injuries Fact Sheet for Parents/Guardians (N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.9)
- Sports-Related Concussion and Head Injury Fact Sheet and Parent/Guardian Sign-Off Form(N.J.S.A. 18A:40-41.2(c)) (English | En Español)
Please note the documents above which require a parent/guardian sign-off form. These forms, whether personally distributed or electronically uploaded, must be individually signed and returned. One generic signature for all documents is unacceptable.