Professional Development in New Jersey
High quality, relevant and timely professional learning experiences, both individualized and collaborative, are integral to the educator life cycle and necessary for continued professional growth. Educators engage in sustained professional learning to refine and expand their practice to help students perform at higher levels. Professional development policy and programs are developed in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:9C and other regulations aimed at supporting high-quality- professional development, educator effectiveness, and equitable outcomes.
The work of professional development includes:
- Statewide Professional Development Regulations
- Professional Standards for Teachers and Leaders
- School and District Professional Development Planning
- Individual Professional Development Planning
- State Professional Learning Committee
- Teacher Leader Endorsement Advisory Board
- State-Required Professional Learning Topics
- Professional Learning and Equity Guidance
Additional projects include:
- The DOE Digest was a podcast from the NJDOE that tackles statewide issues in education. Podcast transcripts are available for all episodes.
- New Jersey Department of Education Lighthouse Award: The Lighthouse Award recognizes school districts and charter schools in New Jersey for illuminating the path toward educational improvement and equitable outcomes.
For more information, about specific office guidance and other documents, please see the ribbons at the top and bottom of this page.
To share questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.