Drivers are encouraged to use other transportation options when possible.
Carpool and park and ride
information is available both online and by calling 800.245.POOL. A $100 gas card
offer for new carpools is under way.
Public transportation fares and schedules are available from
Two train lines
serve the I-78 corridor:
NJ TRANSIT Raritan Valley Line to Newark/New York
NJ TRANSIT Morris & Essex Lines to Newark/Hoboken/New York
- Customers traveling to midtown Manhattan transfer at Newark Penn Station for New York bound trains.
- Customers traveling to lower Manhattan can transfer to PATH trains at Newark Penn Station.
- Customers traveling to Newark Liberty International Airport transfer at Penn Station
- Customers traveling to midtown Manhattan take MidTOWN DIRECT service to New York Penn Station.
- Customers traveling to lower Manhattan take Morris & Essex Lines to Hoboken and transfer to ferry or PATH.
- Customers traveling to Newark Liberty International Airport transfer to Newark Light Rail at Newark Broad Street Station for travel to Newark Penn Station. At Newark Penn Station, transfer to an airport-bound train.
- Customers may also transfer to airport-bound trains at Secaucus Junction.