Auxiliary and Remedial Services for Nonpublic Schools (Chapters 192 and 193)
New Jersey's Chapter 192 programs and Chapter 193 programs are provided to eligible students enrolled full-time in nonpublic elementary and secondary schools in New Jersey.
Chapter 192 programs provide nonpublic school students with auxiliary services such as compensatory education, English language learning and home instruction.
Chapter 193 programs provide nonpublic school students with remedial services such as evaluation and determination of eligibility for special education and with limited related services that include supplementary instruction and speech-language services. These State-funded programs must be supplemental to federal IDEA programs.
Statute and Code
Guidance and Technical Assistance
- Special Guidance during the COVID-19 Pandemic - Chapter 192 Compensatory Education Assessment Flexibility
- Auxiliary and Remedial Services for Nonpublic Schools (Chapters 192 and 193) - Guidance, 8/2018
- Auxiliary and Remedial Services for Nonpublic Schools (Chapters 192 and 193) - Recommended Timeline
- Chapter 192 Compensatory Education Services Policy Statement
- Auxiliary and Handicapped Services for Nonpublic Schools (Chapters 192 and 193) - PPT
- Resources for processing student applications (407-1 forms):
- State Funding
- Services for English Language Learners (Chapter 192) in Nonpublic Schools
Program Forms and Templates
- Nonpublic School Student Application Forms
- Consolidated Consultation Form
- Sample Individual Student Improvement Plan for Comp. Ed.
- Service Plan Components for Chapter 193 and IDEA students
- English Language Learner (ELL) Forms & Templates