State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
The NJSERC welcomes you to its informational website. Information here will include but not be limited to resources for LEPC’s and communities members to inform them of EPCRA, SARA title III, and other resources related to compliance with the federal law.
email@example.com (effective April 19, 2023)
- Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) [pdf]
- Governor Murphy Executive Order #284 [pdf]
- 1987 Executive Order 161 Establishing the NJSERC [pdf]
- Emergency Response Plan Template [pdf]
- NJ SERC LEPC Guidance for EPCRA [pdf]
SERC Meeting Dates
The 2023 SERC Meetings will be held at the New Jersey Forensic Science Technology (NJ FST) Center Auditorium, 1200 Negron Drive, Hamilton, NJ 08691 on April 28, 2023, and October 27, 2023 @ 10:00 am. Follow the signs for the Auditorium and look for the door marked number 7 on the outside of the building.
Pursuant to the New Jersey Open Public Meeting Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6 et. Seq., these meetings are open to the public and no RSVP is required.
- EPCRA (Non-Section 313) Online Training for States, Tribes, LEPCs, Local Planners and Responders
- Hazardous Materials Response Unit Training Opportunity
- NJDOH Right To Know
- National LEPC-TEPC Handbook
- Local Emergency Planning Committee - Coordinator Contact Information [Excel - 183kb]
- NJ DEP Community Right to Know website
- Federal EPA EPCRA information site
- What to do during a chemical emergency
- New Jersey Emergency Management Laws, Executive Orders, and Legal Opinions
- Protecting Communities from Chemical Accidents: Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (Video)