Thank you for your interest in the New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT). You must identify the
title(s) for which you are applying or your
application will not be accepted. By submitting the application you are stating you meet the requirements
of the title(s) by the date submitted. If you are interested in more than one title, specify each job title
in Section 5 of the application; a separate application is not required. Your signature is required on page
three (3) of the application. Please be sure to include a copy of your resume and unofficial copy of your
transcript or course-by-course
foreign evaluation if applicable.
Your application must be completed in detail, including names and phone numbers of supervisors, full dates
of employment and the reason for leaving each position. Please explain any gaps in employment. Be sure to
answer all questions. In addition, please include three (3) business references on your application.
If you wish to submit an Application for Employment for consideration, please follow the instructions
- NJDOT recruits for Highway Operations Technician Trainee’s (formally known as Maintenance
Workers) only once a year in the spring. Submit applications by January 31 of each year.
- We are required to appoint from Civil Service Commission (CSC) employment lists for competitive
titles when available. When a list is not available, we will consider those in our Application Bank,
but can only offer a provisional appointment pending CSC's open competitive testing process.
Or you can print and send your Application for Employment to:
- You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available at our
state Adobe Access Page.
- The Application for Employment
(pdf 1.1m) file will open in your browser.
- Complete the required information in the light blue cells
(pages 2 to 5)
- When complete, click on the “Submit Application”
- If a message pops up asking you to choose either a desktop e-mail application or an internet e-mail
application, choose the internet
- Save the file to your desktop adding your last name to the file name (Example:
- Attach the file to an email and send.
New Jersey Department of Transportation
Division of Human Resources – Recruitment
P.O. Box 602
Trenton, NJ 08625