To embrace and reassure Survivors that they are continually linked to the Military Family through a unified support program that enables them to remain an important part of the Military for as long as they desire.
The Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) program is an Army-wide program which demonstrates our commitment to Families of the Fallen. SOS is a holistic and multi-agency approach to delivering services to Survivors by providing those services closest to where the Families live.
What does the SOS program do?
Serves Military Surviving Families within the State of New Jersey:
- National Guard, Reserves, and Active Duty
- Provides information on the benefits and entitlements available to military Families
- Ensures access to all entitled benefits for Families
- Performs as an advocate on behalf of Survivors
- Provides basic budgeting/financial management resources
- Provides grief and bereavement counseling resources
- Provides estate planning resources
- Functions as long term support for Survivors
Who do I contact at the SOS program?
The Survivor Outreach Services Coordinator you should contact depends on the county you reside in:
New Jersey Military Family Assistance Center
1048 Route 206 South
Bordentown, NJ 08505
Cheryl Davis, Survivor Outreach
JB MDL 99th Readiness Div G1