The process for requesting mediation is easy. If you are interested in using mediation for a USDA, Right to Farm, agricultural credit, or other issue, the first step in the process is completing a short, two-page mediation request form and sending it in to the Agricultural Mediation Program.

Each form has the same basic sections where you: list the person(s) with whom you have a dispute and are requesting mediation; briefly describe the situation; and list any other individuals you would like to include in the mediation (any agricultural expert, a spouse, an employee, an attorney, or someones else).

Request mediation

To request mediation, complete and return one the forms below: 

After receiving your form, Program staff will follow up with you and the other party.

Note: The Program may also be used to help resolve other general agricultural disputes, provided the issues fit within the scope of the program's regulations. To request mediation regarding general agricultural issues, use the following form: