The Right to Farm Act establishes a formal conflict resolution process for resolving Right to Farm issues. In the event of a dispute, a person or municipality aggrieved by the operation of a commercial farm is required to file a formal complaint with the County Agriculture Development Board (CADB), or the State Agriculture Development Committee (SADC) in counties where no CADB exists, prior to filing action in court. 

As an alternative to the formal process, the parties in a dispute may also use the informal mediation process available through the Agricultural Mediation Program. Parties interested in mediation are encouraged to request mediation early on, such as before any formal public hearings have begun or even before a formal complaint has been filed. The Agricultural Mediation Program is offered as a free service for farmers, neighbors, and municipalities.