Translator Disclaimers

The Division of Customer Assistance handles verbal, written and e-mail complaints as well as other information inquiries. Customers may contact the Division with complaints regarding service delays, lack of service, discontinuance of service, payment arrangements, high bills, deposit requests, and incurred or high rates.

Emergency assistance is also available for gas leaks, fallen wires, and water main breaks. In the event of an emergency (e.g., smelling gas) contact your utility provider and call 911 immediately.

Having an issue with your utility or cable provider?


Utility Complaints (Toll Free): (800) 624-0241


Cable TV Complaints (Toll Free): (800) 624-0331


File a Complaint Online
The Division of Customer Assistance reviews online complaints daily. Online complaints are only processed during normal business hours (9 a.m.–4 p.m.). If the matter involves a gas leak, discontinuance of service, or any other situation that requires immediate action, please call (800) 624-0241.

  • To submit your utility or cable complaint electronically, please click here.
  • For slamming complaints, please click here.
  • For Third Party Supplier Complaints, please click here.
Written Complaints
Please direct written complaints to:

New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
Division of Customer Assistance
44 South Clinton Ave, 1st Floor
PO Box 350
Trenton, NJ  08625-0350
Request a Formal Hearing
Under the Board's Rules of Practice, N.J.A.C. 14:1-1, et seq., you may file a petition, which is a request for a formal hearing. At this time, due to restrictions in place to protect health and safety during the COVID-19 statewide response, all filing with NJBPU should be conducted electronically. For details about requesting a hearing, please consult NJBPU’s updated COVID-19 petition filing procedures and our e-Filing instructions.