The Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act (SOCFBA) second round grant applications are open.
The Department is pleased to announce the opening of second round grant applications for the School Security and County Vocational School District (CVSD) Career and Technical Education (CTE) grants. The Preschool and Charter School Security Grant and Preschool Facilities Lead Remediation Grants are also open to eligible applicants. The grant applications can be accessed in the NJDOE Homeroom portal. SOCFBA School Security, Preschool and Charter School Security, and Preschool Lead Remediation grant applications are due on October 13, 2021, and the CVSD CTE grant application is due on February 14, 2022.
School districts applying for the grants should review the Final Guidelines, Grant Application Instructions, and regulations posted below. Please note that a school facilities project application to the Office of School Facilities is only required with the grant application for select scopes of work as described in the Guidelines.
Certification of Completed Percentage of Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act Project
School Security Grant
- Preschool and Charter School Security Compliance Instructions
- School Security Grant Substantially Approved Applications List
- School Security Grant Final Guidelines
- School Security Grant Application Instructions
- School Security Grants Substantially Approved Allocations List Second Round
Water Infrastructure Improvement Grant
- Water Infrastructure Improvement Grant Substantially Approved Applications List
- Water Infrastructure Improvement Grant Final Guidelines
- Water Infrastructure Improvement Grant Application Instructions
CVSD Career and Technical Education Grant
- CVSD Career and Technical Education Grant Substantially Approved Applications List
- Career and Technical Education Grant Final Guidelines
- Career and Technical Education Grant Application Instructions
- CVSD Bond Act FAQs, Updated February 25, 2021
- CTE-DMS Vocational School Walkthrough script
- CTE Grant Technical Assistance Session Slide Show, December 17, 2020
- CTE Grant Technical Assistance Session Presentation, December 17, 2020
- CTE Grant Second Round Eligibility, September 8, 2021
Securing Our Children’s Future Bond Act Regulations
For more information regarding the School Security grant application, email SecurityGrant@doe.nj.gov; for the Water Infrastructure Improvement grant application, email WaterGrant@doe.nj.gov; and for the CVSD CTE grant application, email CTEgrant@doe.nj.gov. Districts should continue to contact the New Jersey Schools Development Authority regarding Alyssa’s Law compliance at email@example.com.
About the Office of School Facilities
The role of the Office of School Facilities is to ensure that every child attends an educational facility in the state that is safe, healthy and educationally enhanced. The office also supports the delivery of the thorough and efficient education to which all students are entitled by the New Jersey State Constitution and the New Jersey State Learning Standards. The office provides the following services to school districts:
- Administers all school facilities laws and regulations;
- Develops and maintains educational adequacy and efficiency standards for school facilities;
- Reviews educational specifications;
- Approves schematic and final educational adequacy construction plans;
- Determines preliminary and final eligible construction and soft costs for school facilities projects;
- Manages development of and updates to long-range facilities plans (LRFPs) for all regular operating districts and those served by the NJ Schools Development Authority (SDA);
- Reviews leases and lease-purchase agreements for school facility acquisition, as well as school construction, to assure efficiency and compliance with law and regulation;
- Manages the Certified Educational Facilities Manager (CEFM) program;
- Manages the Qualified School Academy Zone (QZAB) program; and
- Provides for development and oversight of Green Ribbon Schools.