Within the Office of Recruitment, Preparation and Recognition, the Educator Recruitment Initiative (ERI) works to support institutions of higher learning, school districts and other educational entities to encourage a more robust and diverse pool of teachers for the state of New Jersey. The initiative's three major goals are to:
- Strive for student access to high quality educators of diverse backgrounds in every content and geographic area;
- Increase awareness and promote positive messaging about the teaching profession and encourage individuals to explore the profession in New Jersey; and
- Provide more effective and efficient resources for those hiring and retaining educators, and prospective and current educators.
- Certification and Licensure: Interested in teaching in New Jersey? Learn more about the requirements for certification and licensure.
- Loan Forgiveness and Cancellation: Information about financial assistance for educators and those in public service.
- New Jersey Future Educators Association (NJFEA): The NJFEA is the statewide organization coordinating the network of individual chapters of the New Jersey Future Educators of America, which supports high school and middle school students who aspire to become teachers.
- Troops to Teachers (TTT): TTT was established in 1993 to assist transitioning Service members and veterans in beginning new careers as K-12 school teachers in public, charter, and Bureau of Indian Affairs schools. The program provides counseling and referral services for participants to help them meet education and licensing requirements to teach and subsequently helps them secure a teaching position. Financial assistance may also be available to eligible Service members and veterans.