The Division of Disability Services (DDS) provides a single point-of-entry for people seeking disability related information in New Jersey. DDS serves individuals with all disabilities, statewide.
DDS works to streamline access to services and information that promote and enhance independent living for individuals with disabilities by facilitating coordination and cooperation among local, county and state government agencies.
Through the administration of programs like the Traumatic Brain Injury Fund and the Personal Assistance Services Program, DDS promotes maximum independence and the full participation of people with disabilities within all aspects of community life.
DDS Publishes the New Jersey Guide to Accessible Parking and New Jersey Resources. New Jersey Resources, updated regularly, is a comprehensive guide detailing the programs and services the New Jersey Department of Human Services offers residents, caregivers, advocates, and individuals with disabilities, statewide. Both publications are available in English and Spanish and in both print and digital formats.
DDS offers the following services and programs:
- Information and Referral Services (I & R)
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Fund (TBI FUND)
- The Personal Assistance Services Program (PASP)
- Inclusive Healthy Communities (IHC) Grant Program
- Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) enrollment assistance for children and young adults, 20 years old and younger
- Disability Health and Wellness Initiatives
- NJ ABLE and NJ WorkAbility information and technical assistance