The Rehabilitation department of the NJ Veterans Memorial Home is responsible for helping each resident achieve the highest level of independence and quality of life with the provision of physical, occupational, and speech therapy services.
Treatments are offered throughout the week at our well-equipped center by licensed professional therapists. Our team develops comprehensive, individualized care plans to maximize patients' physical, social and emotional independence.
At our facility, we offer:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Restorative Nursing Program
Restores function for individuals who have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction. Individualized therapeutic treatment may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture, and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilizations to increase range of motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Diabetic foot care
- Walk to dine programs
- Restorative ambulation programs
Restores function by assisting individuals in adaptive to their social and physical environment. Therapists enhance patient functionality through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercise
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement
- Dementia treatment and resources for their loved ones
- Wheelchair seating recommendations for residents
Restores function by addressing communication and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for individual needs such as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, including programs for the hearing impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations
Therapy Frequently Asked Questions
How can I participate in therapy?
All therapy services must be prescribed by a physician.
How much does it cost?
Therapy may be covered depending on your Medicare A, Medicare B or private insurance coverage.