On August 25, 2014 Acting Governor Kim Guadagno signed five bills that support and streamline New Jersey's Farm to School Program. These bills establish the importance of what farm to school programs do to benefit our state's farms and school children. The bills included in the signing were:
- Chapter 10 - Establishes the "Jersey Fresh Farm to School Week" to highlight and promote the value and importance of New Jersey agriculture and fresh foods produced in New Jersey.
- Chapter 37 - Requires the Department of Agriculture to post on its website certain information regarding the state's Farm to School program
- Chapter 38 - Provides for voluntary contributions on gross income tax returns to support Farm to School and School Gardens programs
- Chapter 39 - Allows contributions to the New Jersey Farm to School program
- Chapter 40 - Establishes "Best in New Jersey ‘Farm to School' Awards Program" to annually recognize the best Farm to School programs implemented by a school or school district
- Chapter 41 - Directs the Department of Agriculture to establish a clearinghouse website for farmers to offer produce and dairy products for use by school breakfast programs, school lunch programs and food banks