The Office of Minority, Disabled Veterans, and Women Business Development was established by the CREAMM Act to promote and facilitate a diverse cannabis market in New Jersey. The Office is charged with outreach to underserved populations with information about the Cannabis Regulatory Commission and its programs. Those populations include individuals with conditions that may benefit from the Medicinal Cannabis Program, entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs from socially and economically disadvantaged communities, and communities disproportionately harmed by the War on Drugs who want to apply for cannabis business licenses.
For would-be cannabis business operators, we are here to provide information and to help connect them with available resources - including technical assistance - that will help to lower the barriers to entry into the recreational and medicinal cannabis industry.
The CREAMM Act stipulates that at least 15% of licenses across all license classes should be awarded to minorities, and 15% should be awarded to women and disabled veterans. Our commitment is to consistently surpass those benchmarks as the minimum for what will make New Jersey’s cannabis industry diverse, equitable, and inclusive.
How to Submit a Social Equity Application
- Application Information
- Priority Applications Information
- Certification of Social Equity Business
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Register as a Minority and/or Women Owned Business
- New Jersey Office of Innovation Business Navigator
- New Jersey Business Action Center
- Expungement of Marijuana and Hashish-related charges
- 10 Ways to Prepare to Submit Your Application
- MSAs & FSAs - Need to Know
- CRC Webinars
The following are for information and not an indication of an endorsement of any program by the NJ-CRC.
Professional Training Programs
- Raritan Valley Community College Medical Cannabis Training
- Mercer County Community College Medical Cannabis Training
- Bergen Community College Advanced Dispensary Associate Program
- Atlantic Cape Community College Medical Cannabis Dispensary Training
- Stockton University Cannabis Studies Certificate
- Passaic County Community College Medical Cannabis Certificate Program
- Middlesex County Community College Dispensaries Training Certificate
- Rowan College of South Jersey Dispensary Training
- William Paterson University Certificates
- Union College of Union County, New Jersey Cannabis Certified Classes
Cannabis Studies Certificate & Degrees
- Rowan University - Institute for Cannabis Research, Policy & Workforce Development
- Stockton University
- Rider University Cannabis Studies Certificate
- Rutgers University Certificate in Cannabis Law and Business
- William Paterson University Cannabis Studies Undergraduate Certificate