On September 27, 2023, at 9 a.m. new applicants, or existing operators looking to integrate their cannabis business vertically, will be able to apply for licenses to operate wholesale, distribution, or delivery businesses.
- A Class 3 Cannabis Wholesale license allows the holder to store, buy, and sell bulk cannabis and cannabis products.
- A Class 4 Cannabis Distribution license allows the holder to transport bulk cannabis and cannabis products between cannabis cultivators, manufacturers, or retailers within New Jersey.
- A Class 6 Cannabis Delivery license allows the holder to transport retail-purchased cannabis and cannabis products to consumers.
The webinar aims to assist individuals in completing the application process quickly and accurately.
Subject: CRC Recreational Cannabis Statewide Informational Webinar
- Explanation of the initial rules
- Equity provisions
- Safety provisions
- General guidance for municipalities
- Overview of available licenses (cultivation, manufacturing, retail, micro licenses, conditional licenses)
- Basic application requirements (including emphasis on difference between conditional and annual licenses and reference to forthcoming notice of application acceptance)
- Overview of Social Equity Business, Diversely Owned Businesses, Impact Zone Businesses
- Monitoring changes in municipal approaches
- What businesses can do to prepare for applying (e.g., business registration, DOB certifications)
- Expectations for CRC background investigations
- MSAs and FSAs 101 & protections and red flags
- Expectations for neighborhoods with cannabis businesses (e.g., odor, facility security)
- What’s next
- Notice of application acceptance
- Pre-application info session/webinar
- CRC resources
- External resources
Subject: CRC Pre-application Webinar