Level II Capital Grant
Grant Award: $134,000 (2000) Grant Recipient: Allentown Public Library Association, Inc. County: MonmouthMunicipality: Allentown Borough
The Allentown Library was constructed in 1879 as the First Baptist Church and was abandoned after suffering a damaging fire in 1972. In the 1990s, the Allentown Public Library Association adapted the former church and attached parsonage as a public library, including a children's library, offices and community meeting space. The library serves the communities of Allentown, Upper Freehold and Millstone Township.
The Trust grant is helped fund structural stabilization of the library's main truss, restoration of the building's exterior, and stabilization of the former parsonage's upper floors for community use and office space.
For more information, visit: http://www.monmouthcountylib.org/index.php/about-us/branches#AT