Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $50,000 (2009) Grant Recipient: Bloomfield Presbyterian Church on the Green County: EssexMunicipality: Bloomfield
The town of Bloomfield takes its name from the church, where construction of the sandstone house of worhsip began in 1797. The parish house was built in 1840 and was used as the town hall during part of the 19th century. Sagging and cracking in the sanctuary ceiling called for truss repairs in the late 1980s, but in 2008 additional deformities were noted. The building was closed as a precaution while under investigation by a structural engineer and preservation architect.
The 2009 Trust grant helped fund a thorough structural assessment of the sanctuary ceiling and truss system.
For more information, visit: http://www.bpcog.org