Historic Site Management Grant (2010)
Grant Award: $15,000 (2010) Grant Recipient: City of Bridgeton County: CumberlandMunicipality: Bridgeton
The city hall was constructed in 1932, as the industrial city of Bridgeton’s municipal government had outgrown its headquarters in a converted residential building. This Neoclassical style brick and limestone structure designed by the Philadelphia architect Clarence Edmuns Wunder conveys the stability and permanence of the growing municipality. In the 1970s, municipal offices were expanded to the former post office across the street, and the building was vacated in 2009.
The Trust grant funded a preservation plan that will include a conditions assessment and preservation recommendations for the structure, which is suffering from lack of heating and ventilation. A workshop will bring together city stakeholders to discuss possible new uses and occupants for the building.
For more information, visit: http://www.cityofbridgeton.com/history.php