Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $14,494 (2006) Grant Recipient: Calvary Presbyterian Church County: BurlingtonMunicipality: Riverton
Calvary Presbyterian church was constructed in 1878 in the Carpenter Gothic style after designs of Philadelphia architect John Fraser. In 1926, according to the designs of Philadelphia architect George Savage, the church was altered through expansion and new stone cladding. The church and associated buildings are in good condition, but starting to show signs of age.
The grant helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan that will address long term preservation of the church, including handicap accessibility, architectural evolution, significance, current conditions, code compliance, and cyclical maintenance.
For more information, visit: http://www.calvaryriverton.org/history.php