Historic Site Management Grant
Capital Preservation Grant Level II
Grant Award: $50,000 (2002); $27,810 (2005); $406,000 (2008) Grant Recipient: Borough of Edgewater County: BergenMunicipality: Edgewater Borough
One of five remaining older buildings in this historic maritime and manufacturing hub, the borough hall was constructed in 1905 in the Renaissance Revival style and houses eight key departments of municipal government. While the exterior of the structure retains good integrity, the interior has been modified over the years to accommodate expanding municipal offices without sensitivity to historic fabric.
The 2008 Trust grant helped fund the first phase of building restoration and addressed critical needs including roof replacement, copper repairs and repointing. Previous grants helped fund the preparation of a preservation plan and construction documents that guided the work.
For more information, visit: http://edgewaternj.org/