Grant Award: $64,041 (1991) Grant Recipient: Atlantic County, Parks Division County: AtlanticMunicipality: Estell Manor
Built in 1825, Estellville is the only southern New Jersey glassworks that made both bottle and window glass, as well as some specialty pieces such as canes, paperweights, pictures, beads and vases. These products were shipped up and down the eastern seaboard from Boston to Baltimore.
The grant provided urgently needed stabilization of the sandstone glasswork ruins that form part of an otherwise well-preserved manufacturing village. The site is now open to the public for education and passive recreation purposes as part of the Atlantic County Parks System.
For more information, visit: http://www.aclink.org/PARKS/mainpages/historic_estellville.asp