Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $49,995 (2005) Grant Recipient: First Presbyterian Church of Mount Holly County: BurlingtonMunicipality: Mount Holly
The First Baptist Church of Mount Holly constructed this building in 1844. It remains a rare example of a Greek Revival temple-front church in Burlington County. In 1988, the First Presbyterian Church purchased the building from the Baptist congregation to use as a youth center, for educational ministries, and to support community organizations and groups. Currently, the building is closed and temporarily stabilized while a structural failure is being investigated and resolved.
The Trust grant assisted in the preparation of a roof stabilization feasibility study and the completion of construction documents. This is the next step in resolving this safety issue, restoring the roof, and reopening the building to the public.
For more information, visit: http://www.firstpresmtholly.org