Grant Award: $196,225 (1997) Grant Recipient: Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville County: MercerMunicipality: Lawrence Township
Constructed in 1764, with expansions in 1833 and 1853, the Presbyterian Church is the only meetinghouse in the historic village of Lawrenceville. Originally called Maidenhead, Lawrenceville was first settled in the 17th century.
The 2007 Trust grant helped fund much needed exterior preservation, including replacement in-kind of a failing slate roof, repair of built-in gutters and heavy timber roof framing, and restoration of the cupola. The preservation project contributes to the overall revitalization of Lawrenceville’s historic village center, which has been recognized as a national Main Street community.
For more information, visit: http://pclawrenceville.org/our-history/