Garden State Historic Preservation Trust Fund
Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $19,372
Grant Recipient: First Reformed Church of Rocky Hill
The Dutch Reformed Church, currently the First Reformed Church of Rocky Hill, is an excellent example of Carpenter Gothic ecclesiastical architecture. The building dates from 1856. A secondary chapel was constructed in a similar style adjacent to the church in 1865. A modern connector links the two buildings and a 1960s school wing extends from the rear of the chapel. The buildings are in good condition, but are beginning to show some deterioration. The church is literally and figuratively the focal point of the village.
The grant will help fund the preparation of a restoration master plan.