Grant Award: $136,911 (1993) Grant Recipient: Harrison Township Historical Society County: GloucesterMunicipality: Harrison Township
Old Town Hall occupies a pivotal location in the Mullica Hill Historic District, which consists of 149 eighteenth, nineteenth and early-twentieth century buildings. Its exterior remains virtually unchanged since its construction in 1871. Used for elections, town meetings, school graduations, medicine shows and local entertainment, Old Town Hall has played an important role in the development of the community.
The Trust grant helped fund the stabilization of the building through repair and replacement of deteriorated structural members. Currently the headquarters of the Harrison Township Historical Society, the Old Town Hall is open to the public.
For more information, visit: http://www.harrisonhistorical.com