Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $230,591 (2004) Grant Recipient: Montville Township County: MorrisMunicipality: Montville
The original block of the Henry Doremus Dutch stone farmhouse was built in c.1760 along a major travel route in colonial New Jersey and was enlarged by the construction of an addition in 1770. George Washington’s stay at the house is documented in Washington’s expense account from 1780. The site has significant original architectural fabric and has never had modern plumbing, wiring, or heating installed. It is located in the Crossroads of the American Revolution Greenway.
This grant will support the restoration of the house, including exterior and structural repairs, archaeology, repointing, roof repairs, foundation repairs, and interior restoration.
For more information, visit: http://chhistoricalarchitects.com/fp003.htm