Preserve New Jersey Historic Preservation Fund
Grant Award: $154,828 (1995); $90,000 (2017) Grant Recipient: Mount Holly Monthly Meeting of Friends County: BurlingtonMunicipality: Mount Holly Township
Erected in 1775, this meeting house is the oldest public building in the Mount Holly Historic District and played a key role in the Revolutionary War when it was utilized by the State Legislature when the British captured Trenton. In addition to weekly Quaker meetings, the building now hosts student historical interpretation activities, an annual Diversity Festival, musical programs, plays, art shows and workshops.
The 1995 Trust grant funded structural repairs to the roof and first-floor framing, installation of a new slate roof and rainwater conduction system, replacement of heating and electrical systems, and selected masonry repairs. The 2017 grant helped fund removal of inappropriate concrete mortar and repointing with a softer lime-based mortar.
For more information, visit: https://www.mthollyquakers.org/