Grant Award: $64,000 (1992) Grant Recipient: New Jersey State Building Authority County: MercerMunicipality: Trenton
The 1929 State House Annex was conceived as a major addition to the capitol complex to house the high courts (including the Supreme Court, the Court of Errors and Appeals, and the Court of Chancery), the State Museum, the State Library, and numerous administrative offices. It is a monumental and nearly intact example of the popular Classical Revival style used for public buildings in the early twentieth century.
The Trust grant helped fund the restoration of some of the annex’s most distinctive spaces, including the main public lobby and the vestibules and corridors found on the first floor.
For more information, visit: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/legislativepub/statehousehistory.asp