Historic Site Management Grant
Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $47,632 (2002); $100,000 (2006) Grant Recipient: First Presbyterian Church County: CumberlandMunicipality: Bridgeton
The Old Broad Street Presbyterian Church is the oldest house of worship in Bridgeton. It is an important contributing resource within the Bridgeton Historic District. Constructed in 1792, the brick church is an example of high style Georgian architecture with some Federal style details. What is most exceptional about the building is that it is remarkably unaltered, one of the most intact examples of eighteenth century ecclesiastical architecture in the country.
The 2006 grant helped fund significant structural roof framing repairs and reinforcement. A previous Trust grant helped to fund the preparation of a Historic Structure Report.
For more information, visit: http://fpcbridgeton.org/friendsobsc.html