Historic Site Management Grant
Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $29,178 (2005); $400,000 (2010) Grant Recipient: Presbyterian Church at Bound Brook County: SomersetMunicipality: Bound Brook
The Presbyterian Church at Bound Brook was constructed in 1896-97 according to the designs of noted architect Oscar Teale. The church reflects both Tudor Revival and Gothic Revival influences. The church is home to one of the oldest congregations in New Jersey and continues to be a major part of the local community. The building also contains a number of Tiffany-designed stained glass windows.
The 2010 Trust grant helped fund slate roof replacement, masonry restoration and structural repairs. The scope of work was defined by a preservation planning document funded by a previous Trust grant.
For more information visit: http://www.bbpc.org/