Capital Preservation Grant Level II
Grant Award: $669,000 (2010) Grant Recipient: South Orange Village County: EssexMunicipality: South Orange Village
South Orange Village Town Hall was constructed in 1894 in the German half-timber style of architecture. The distinctive and highly decorative building is constructed of brick and stucco with wood trim and decorative half timbering. A copper domed octagonal clock tower adds to the building’s distinctive quality.
The Trust grant will help fund the exterior restoration of the building based on several building materials assessments. The grant-funded project includes replacing the slate roof and copper flashing, providing new copper gutters and downspouts, repairing all deteriorated wood trim and decorative wood pieces, repairs to stucco and masonry for improving ADA access.
For more information visit: http://www.southorange.org/