Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $40,000 (2004) Grant Recipient: St. Anthony of Padua's Roman Catholic Church County: HudsonMunicipality: Jersey City
Built in 1892, St. Anthony of Padua’s Roman Catholic Church is the oldest Polish church and parish in New Jersey. Its design is a colorful mixture of western and eastern architectural style components, with a brownstone Victorian gothic exterior, Byzantine-influenced interior, mosaics, and stained-glass windows from the Munich glass school.
This grant will assist the assessment of the exterior envelope of the church, including roof, walls door and windows. The assessment will also evaluate the building’s structural systems and develop a schematic design for restoration.
For more information, visit: http://stanthonyjc.com/