Historic Site Management Grants
Capital Preservation Grant Level II
Grant Award: $43,375 (2002); $36,025.20 (2004); $29,475 (2007); $256,528.92 (2008) Grant Recipient: St. Stephen's Episcopal Church County: BurlingtonMunicipality: Beverly
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church was built in 1853-1855 and is in the Gothic Revival style. Its campus consists of the church, parish house and a broad front lawn. The 220-foot steeple is a Beverly landmark and was used as a navigational landmark for ships on the Delaware River.
The most recent Trust grant helped fund the structural stabilization and re-roofing of the steeple. A preservation plan and a series of structural investigations, funded with previous Trust grants, documented the deterioration of the steeple sheathing and wood timber structure of the steeple and tower.
For more information, visit: http://www.ststephensbeverly.com/History.html