Historic Site Management Grant
Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $49,955 (2006); $253,540 (2008) Grant Recipient: Trinity Episcopal Church County: MiddlesexMunicipality: Woodbridge
The property consists of a mid-19th century church, an 18th century rectory, an 1874 Sexton's house, a 20th century parish house and cloister, and a cemetery in use since 1715. The church was constructed in 1860 in the Gothic Revival style. Caleb Harrison Condit is the architect of record for the building, however, the vestry had approved plans prepared by noted Gothic Revival architect Richard Upjohn in 1858 and it is believed that the final design was significantly influenced by Upjohn.
The current Trust grant is helping fund the structural stabilization of roof trusses and floor joists as well as the exterior restoration of the church. A previous grant helped fund preparation of a preservation plan and construction documents for exterior restoration and a structural analysis and schematic design for roof stabilization.
For more information, visit: http://www.trinitywoodbridge.org/ourhistory.html