Grant Award: $147,523 (1996) Grant Recipient: Woodbury Old-City Restoration Committee, Inc. County: GloucesterMunicipality: Woodbury City
A symbol of Woodbury's most vigorous period of development, this station served as the conduit for the town's social and economic growth. Vegetables from surrounding farms, manufactured goods from nearby factories, and even locally made patent medicines were shipped to market through this distinguished station. Built in 1883 in the Eastern Stick Style, the station also served Philadelphia commuters who established homes in Woodbury's new East Side district.
The Trust grant helped fund a phased project that included roof restoration, structural stabilization, exterior restoration and interior rehabilitation. The building will become the headquarters of the Woodbury Old-City Restoration Committee, Inc., housing a small commercial space and an exhibit area interpreting local history and architecture.
For more information, visit: http://stangentdemo.com/woodbury/