Capital Preservation Grant, Level II
Grant Award: $114,991 (2002) Grant Recipient: Wyckoff Reformed Church County: BergenMunicipality: Wyckoff
The Wyckoff Reformed Church, originally the Dutch Reformed Church, was constructed in 1806 in the Federal-period style. The church exhibits use of local materials, including the coursed rubble fieldstone and brownstone. The original steeple, struck by lightening in 1829, was replaced with the existing octagonal belfry. The church has been used continuously for religious and community events since its founding, and the historic setting includes a two-acre cemetery.
The grant assisted in rehabilitating the floor system, stabilizing the support system and preserving the bell tower. The work was based on the recommendations of an engineering study that examined the advanced deterioration of the floor system and roof structures.
For more information, visit: