Historic Site Management Grant
Grant Award: $17,175 (2004) Grant Recipient: Zion Lutheran Church County: HunterdonMunicipality: Tewksbury
The Zion Lutheran Church of the Village of Oldwick is one of the oldest churches in continuous use in the country. Originally constructed in 1750 (with 19th century alterations), the church was the cornerstone of the village of Oldwick, originally known as Old Germantown. The church serves various community programs including tours and educational outreach.
This grant will fund the preparation of a preservation plan for the church, ancillary structures, and site. The plan will include a conditions assessment of the historic fabric, structural conditions, historical analysis, and recommendation for use programs relative to community needs and services provided at the church.
For more information, visit: http://zionoldwick.com/642121.ihtml