Elder Rights

Public Guardian -The Office of the Public Guardian for Elderly Adults makes legal, financial and healthcare decisions for individuals aged 60 and older who have been determined by a Superior Court judge to be incapacitated.

Adult Protective Services (APS) -This program investigates reports of suspected abuse, neglect and exploitation of vulnerable adults living in the community. To find the APS agency in your county, view the list of County Adult Protective Services Offices.

Long Term Care Ombudsman
This office investigates and responds to complaints of abuse, neglect and exploitation of individuals 60 years of age and older who reside in licensed facilities within the State, both public and private. To make a report, call 1-877-582-6995.

The NJ Division of Consumer Affairs' Anti-Fraud Toolkit provides senior citizens with the information they need to recognize and avoid scams

Emergency Preparedness
There are things you could and should be doing now to prepare for a potential natural disaster or terrorist attack. Visit the Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness website to learn more.