The Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMAVA) is grateful for all of the well wishes we are receiving not only for the residents at our three Veterans Homes but also for the staff who care for them. Many of you are asking how you can help. The three DMAVA Veterans Homes are accepting donations of personal protective equipment such as: medical/surgical masks, washable homemade masks, face shields, goggles, washable surgical gowns, hand sanitizer, and vinyl gloves. You can donate these items by contacting each Home directly to coordinate a drop-off:
- Paramus Veterans Memorial Home: 201-634-8500/8501
- Menlo Park Veterans Memorial Home: 732-452-4258
- Vineland Veterans Memorial Home: 856-405-4213
You can also learn how to make a donation to the State of NJ to be distributed to our hospitals, health care workers, and first responders here: covid19.nj.gov/forms/ppedonations.
Please note that our response may be delayed more than normal, but we will be diligent in providing our continued support and assistance to our State’s Veterans and Servicemembers.
Veteran Service Officers are prepared to assist new and current Veterans and dependents in filing claims. All claims and appeals are filed electronically with little delay. Additionally, telehealth and virtual hearings are available for all Veterans with internet capabilities. Contact a VSO near you.
The Brigadier General William C. Doyle Veterans Memorial Cemetery will continue to provide interments for veterans and eligible individuals. We encourage all families and funeral directors to adhere to our current operations. Learn more at BG Doyle Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
The Department is accepting “walk-ins” for military records. We will continue to process military records requests that are received by mail, fax and email. Please note that our response may be delayed more than normal, but we will be diligent in providing our continued support and assistance to our State’s Veterans and Servicemembers. For more information refer to Request Military Records.
The New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs is accepting “walk-ins” for New Jersey National Guard (NJNG) Hunting and Fishing Licenses. Also, we will continue to process NJNG Hunting and Fishing License requests by mail, fax and email. NJNG members who have already registered this year with this Department, can still visit any Licensed Agent within the State for their free license and/or print them at home (if applicable). For more information refer to National Guard Hunting and Fishing Licenses.
Veterans Benefits personnel are available via email at VBB@dmava.nj.gov or through the NJ Veterans Benefits Hotline at 888-865-8387.
Women Veterans resources are available at Women Veterans Information.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMAVA) of the following sites or the information, products, or services contained therein. Although DMAVA may or may not use these sites as additional distribution channels for department information, it does not exercise editorial control over any of the information that you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this website.
- Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus FAQs: What Veterans Need to Know
- Information For Caregivers During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Automated Text Messages
- COVID Coach Mobile App
- COVID Chatbot
- VEText - Veterans Health Administration
- Managing Stress Associated with COVID-19
- VA Debt Management
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- NJ Health Care System
- NJ Health Care System Current Operating Status
- Vet Centers
- Newark Regional Office Telephonic Claims Clinics
- VA Partners with Treasury Department to Deliver Economic Impact Payments to Veterans and Survivors
- VA Prescription Refills and COVID-19
- COVID-19 Information Hub
- NJ Department of Health Recommended Minimum Quarantine Timeframes
- COVID-19 Resource Guide
- NJSP DMI COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Coronavirus Pandemic Resource Guide for New Jerseyans
- FEMA Public Assistance Program
- COVID-19 Impacts On Open Public Records Act (OPRA)
- Department of Labor Self-Employed NJ Workers
- Department of Labor FAQs During Coronavirus Emergency
- SNAP Benefits During Coronavirus
- DCAid Are You Eligible?
- Department of Banking and Insurance Directs Insurers to Provide Emergency Grace Period for Payment of Insurance Premiums for Residents, Businesses Amid COVID-19