P.O. Box 600
Contact: Steve Schapiro
RELEASE: December 1, 2017
Route 1 northbound ramp to Garden State Parkway northbound to close for
Traffic will be detoured overnight next week in Woodbridge
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the overnight full closure next week of the Route 1 northbound ramp to the Garden State Parkway (GSP) northbound, as work on a GSP bridge deck replacement project advances in Woodbridge.
Beginning at 8 p.m., Monday, December 4 until 5 a.m. the next morning, New Jersey Turnpike Authority’s contractor, Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., will close the Route 1 northbound ramp to the Garden State Parkway northbound for bridge deck construction. The following detour will be in place.
Route 1 northbound to Garden State Parkway northbound Detour:
(8 p.m. Monday, December 4 until 5 a.m. the next morning)
Construction and detour signing will be utilized to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this bridge deck replacement work.
- Motorists on Route 1 northbound will be directed to continue straight and pass the Woodbridge Center Drive intersection
- Stay right immediately after the traffic light and take the U-turn jug handle exit
- Follow signs around the jug handle for Gill Lane
- Stay left at the fork after the jug handle to make a left onto Route 1 southbound
- Stay right on Route 1 southbound and take exit for Garden State Parkway northbound
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weatheror other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.