Route 4 westbound ramp closures next week in Paramus
Utility pole work requires daytime closure Sunday through Friday
(Trenton) - New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the Route 4 westbound ramps to and from Paramus Road are schedule to be closed and detoured in Paramus this week, beginning on Sunday, January 13.
From 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., Sunday, January 13, PSE&G, is scheduled to close the ramp from Paramus Road northbound to Route 4 westbound and the ramp from Route 4 westbound to Paramus Road southbound for the installation of new utility poles.
The ramps also will be closed from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily, Monday, January 14 through Friday, January 18. The following signed detours will be in place while the ramps are closed:
Paramus Road northbound ramp to Route 4 westbound detour:
- Motorists on Paramus Road northbound wishing to take Route 4 westbound will be directed to take the ramp to Route 4 eastbound
- Take Route 4 eastbound and stay right when the roadway splits
- Take the second Exit for Ikea Drive/U-turn
- At the light, use the left 2 lanes to turn onto the ramp for Route 4 west
Route 4 westbound ramp to Paramus Road southbound detour:
- Motorists on Route 4 westbound wishing to take the ramp to Paramus Road southbound will be directed to continue on Route 4 westbound
- Stay right to take Route 208 north/Oakland
- Take the exit for Plaza Road /Fair Lawn
- At the traffic signal at the end of the ramp turn right onto Plaza Road
- Go under the overpass and take the ramp onto Route 208 southbound
- Stay right and take the Exit for Saddle River Road south/To Garden State Parkway
- Stay right to get on Saddle River Road south
- At the traffic turn left onto Red Mill Road
- Turn right onto Paramus Road southbound
PSE&G will transfer the wires from existing poles to the new poles at a later date. NJDOT will provide information on any future lane closures in advance of the work taking place.
The utility work is in advance of a $5 million project to replace the deck on the Paramus Road Bridge over Route 4 that is scheduled to take place in the spring of 2019.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.