Route 440 to Route 9/Garden State Parkway to have two overnight ramp closures tonight and Monday
Traffic will be detoured overnight in Woodbridge
(Trenton) -New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced ramp closures and overnight detours for tonight, Friday, January 18 and Monday, January 21 as the Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/GSP project advances in Woodbridge.
Friday, January 18
Beginning at 11 p.m. tonight, Friday, January 18 until 5 a.m. the next day, NJDOT’s contractor, Ritacco Construction, Inc., will close one lane on Route 440 northbound approaching the GSP ramp and at midnight close the Route 440 northbound ramp to Route 9 northbound/GSP northbound for bridge deck shielding removal. The following detour will be in place:
Route 440 northbound ramp to Route 9/Garden State Parkway northbound Detour: (tonight, 11 p.m. until 5 a.m.)
Monday, January 21
- Motorists on Route 440 northbound will be directed to take the Smith Street exit
- Continue on CR656/Smith Street
- Bear right for the Route 9 northbound/Route 440 northbound exit
- Stay left to continue on Route 9 northbound
- Keep left on Route 9 northbound for the Garden State Parkway northbound exit
Beginning at 10 p.m., Monday, January 21 until 6 a.m. the next day, NJDOT’s contractor, Ritacco Construction, Inc., will close one lane on Route 440 southbound approaching the GSP ramp and at midnight close the Route 440 southbound ramp to Route 9 southbound
Route 440 southbound to Route 9/Garden State Parkway southbound Detour: (10 p.m. Monday, January 21 until 6 a.m. the next morning)
/GSP southbound for bridge deck shielding removal. The following detour will be in place:
- Motorists on Route 440 southbound will be directed to take the Pfeiffer Boulevard/ Route 184 west/Route 35 south exit
- Continue on Pfeiffer Boulevard/Route 184 west as it becomes West Pond Road/Route 184 west
- Make a right at the traffic light onto King Georges Road for Route 9 southbound
- Continue on King Georges Road to merge onto Route 9 southbound
- Keep left on Route 9 southbound for the Garden State Parkway southbound exit
The $14 million federally-funded Route 440 Bridges over Route 9/Garden State Parkway project which started construction in May 2017 will replace the seven-span bridge deck, approach slabs, guiderails, parapets, bridge bearings and repair the substructure. The bridge replacement project is expected to be completed in fall 2019.
Construction and detour signing will be utilized to direct motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with this bridge deck replacement work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info or on the NJDOT Facebook page.