Filing a Paper Application (Form ANCHOR-H)
You must file a paper application if:
- You shared ownership of your principal residence (main home) with someone who was not your spouse/civil union partner and your percentage of ownership is not preprinted on your mailer;
- Your main home was a unit in a multi-unit property that you owned;
- You received an ANCHOR information mailer or Anchor Benefit Confirmation letter for the correct property, but the name on the mailer or letter is not yours or needs to be changed due to marriage, death, etc.;
- You are a widow(er)/surviving civil union partner and your deed lists both your name and the name of your deceased spouse;
- You are an executor filing on behalf of a deceased homeowner;
- You are filing for a property held in trust;
- You occupied a newly constructed home on October 1 for which you did not receive an ANCHOR mailer or Anchor Benefit Confirmation letter with an Identification Number and PIN;
- You are considered a homeowner for purposes of applying for the ANCHOR benefit, but you were not the actual owner of record on October 1.
You are not eligible for a benefit for a vacation home, a "second home," or a property you owned and rented to someone else. If you owned more than one property in New Jersey, only file the application for the property that was your main home on October 1, 2020.
If you must file a paper application, you can print Form ANCHOR-H and mail it along with any necessary supporting documents. Do not email this application.