My Work Rights

Domestic Workers

a nanny with two children at a park

The New Jersey Department of Labor & Workforce Development (NJDOL) is committed to assisting and protecting domestic workers in New Jersey, regardless of immigration status.

a home health care worker with his patient outside her house

How to get help or make a complaint:

If you believe that your employer has not properly paid you, or you have a question about your situation, we can help.

Make a complaint online or call 609-292-2305. A trusted person can help file a complaint or email us on your behalf. NJDOL has multilingual staff who can help.

Your identity and other personally identifiable information are protected from disclosure to your employer and others, with limited exceptions. For more information, click here.