Universal Service Fund (USF)
Description: Helps make energy bills more affordable for low income customers. If you are eligible, USF can lower the amount you have to pay for natural gas and electricity.
Assistance Provided To: Low and Moderate Income Households.
Type of Assistance: Credit on natural gas or electricity.
Funding Source: A surcharge on natural gas and electric bills
Procedure for Applying: LIHEAP Application.
Award Period: Year round.
Contact: Fidel Ekhelar - 1 (866) 240-1347 EnergyAssistance
LIHEAP/USF Application Information:
Download the Application Form, Instructions and Required Documents [pdf 421kB]
Note: Please submit the completed application to your Local Application Agency.
Read about other energy assistance programs at www.nj.gov/bpu/assistance/programs
- Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills? - Brochure - English [pdf 192kB]
- Do You Need Help With Your Home Energy Bills? - Brochure - Spanish [pdf 231kB]
- LIHEAP/USF Fact Sheet, Income Guidelines
- LIHEAP/USF Fact Sheet, Income Guidelines - Spanish [pdf 125kB]
- Local Application Agency's Contact Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about USF
TOLL-FREE HOTLINE: 1 (800) 510-3102