Email – General Tax Questions
New Jersey is committed to protecting the privacy of your tax information. Because traditional email is not secure, we will not address specific tax account concerns through email. This means that we cannot give you any information about the status of your Income Tax refund, business account, or any of the property tax relief programs.
Do not include confidential information, such as a Social Security number, IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), liability or payment amount, date of birth, or bank account number in your email. In return, we will not include that confidential information as part of a reply.
Call us about confidential information, including inquiries and changes to your specific account.
If you have questions about a letter we sent you, follow the instructions on your notice to electronically reply using the New Jersey Online Notice Response Service. Do not reply by email.
If you have a question about one of the following topics, do not use the form below. Instead, send a direct email to the appropriate area listed here.
- Attorney General Referrals
- Bulk Sales
- Business Assistance & Incentive Clearance
- Casual Sales (non-business sales of motor vehicles, boats, and airplanes)
- Conference and Appeals
- Contract Liaison Unit (oversees collection agency)
- Inheritance Tax
- Judgments (tax liens)
- Payment Plan
- Property Administration
- Regulatory Services
- Project Enforcement (reinstatement, dishonored check, etc.)
- Renew Your Cigarette License
- Set-Off/Offset Programs
- Taxation University (small business workshops, request a speaker)
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Urban Enterprise Zone Clearance
For all other topics, complete the form below.
Last Updated: Tuesday, 09/20/22